Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:03:29 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Angel Martin Alganza <ama@ugr.es>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perhaps a new "distribution"?

Hello!

Samuel Chow "<cyschow@shaw.ca>" says:

>    I can see there are a lot of interest and expertise
>    in stripping FreeBSD down for a smaller storage
>    footprint.  Perhaps it is a good idea to setup another
>    "distribution" to capture all these information for
>    other less experienced users?  It could be modelled
>    like picobsd, but with less constrain and with more
>    "normal" FreeBSD feel.

I think that would be simply excelent. I very much like PicoBSD, which
works great as a single floppy distro, but I also have a couple of systems
(notebooks) which have limited resources (300MB HD, 12MB RAM) which I
would love to be able to use BSD on. I need a bit of user data space, so I
think a striped down distro (small enough to fit on, let say,
50-100MB) but with full funcionality would be great for me.

At the moment I am using muLinux (a small Linux distro) on them, but it
uses very old binaries and libraries and is not a real "ful" distro (since
it aims to be both a single floppy and a HD distro at the same
time)... I'd be happy to see such thing on the BSD world.

Regards,
Angel