Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 20:39:53 -0700
From:      BluzMan <bluzman@oz.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Attemping to "unformat" UFS Partition

I recently started an FBSD installation in which a took a series of
hot-pluggable SCSI drives (formatted using UFS) from one machine and moved
them to another. My intention was to keep the file system intact on these
relocated drives and simply mount them within the directory structure on
the new machine. While running through the installation, I inadvertently
told sysinstall that these drives were new file systems while in
disklabel  (too much coffee and not enough sleep  during th install!). I am
now at a point that while all the partitions located on these drives are
still intact, the data has been erased.

I am desperately trying to find a way to "unformat" these UFS partitions so
as to recover the data that was on the drives prior to the install. Any
thoughts, suggestions, etc on how I might be able to do this are very
appreciated.

Thx...

Drew B.