Date:      Thu, 07 Oct 1999 15:20:48 -0700
From:      Deepwell Internet <freebsd@deepwell.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NetApp servers

The Earthlink whitepaper is at
http://www.earthlink.net/about/papers/mailarch.html

but I agree.  It looks like a cheezy hack.

Can anyone point me to good documentation of building highly scalable web
servers or mail servers?  I'd like to explore some different designs and
look at how they scale and increase reliability.

I noticed that Geocities offers all user pages at
www.geocities.com/~username.  How do you suppose they are implementing
this?  A large Sun box or two with NFS?