Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:33:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        chuckr@mat.net, green@unixhelp.org
Cc:        eischen@vigrid.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XiG Motif - FreeBSD ELF

> If you have the sources, the Imakefiles are WAY too b0rked to use :( But it
> can be compiled pretty easily, as evident by my copy of ELF Motif 2.0.  But
> I really think: if you want Motif so much, why not just help out the Lesstif
> project with whatever needs to be done? Lesstif is a very usable Motif
> replacement... and seems to be quite a bit less buggy than Motif itself!

Not to take anything away from the Lesstif folks, but the last time
I tried it, it was very buggy.  Perhaps things have changed and it's
worth another look, but one only has so much spare time to contribute
to Free^h^h^h^hOSS projects.  I'd rather spend mine fiddling with
FreeBSD bits.

At any rate, this is getting away from -current issues.  I just wanted
folks running ELF to express their interest in ELF Accelerated X and
Motif versions to XiG.

Dan Eischen
eischen@vigrid.com