Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:36:40 +0100
From:      "Mark Hobden" <markhobden@gmail.com>
To:        "Maksim Yevmenkin" <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org, mato <gamato@users.sf.net>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logitech V470 Bluetooth Mouse on FreeBSD ?

On 02/04/2008, Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't know - bthidd(4) could grow the support for AC_Pan fairly easily
>  >  but I don't know how you would get that into the kernel - the mouse_info
>  >  structure has no W direction and the ioctl would need to be versioned if
>  >  the structure was extended as there was no padding..
>
>  exactly Iain. parsing hid messages in bthidd(8) and extracting all the
>  data is trivial. the question is how to feed those data into the
>  kernel. right now, bthidd(8) uses console ioctl to feed data into the
>  kernel. as you pointed out, mouse_info structure (specifically
>  mouse_data union) does not have have w direction.
>
>  >  btw just to make you feel better I should say that sideways scroll does
>  >  not always work in applications; eg GThumb considers the extra buttons
>  >  to be 'next' and 'prev' instead and sideways scroll just jumps to the next
>  >  picture.
>
>  i have a wired usb apple mighty mouse here and horizontal scrolling
>  does not work for me at all. quick look at ums(4) showed that it does
>  not export w data (it tries to locate both wheel and z axis, however
>  it does not look for ac_pan axis).
>
>  so, it appears that we need to teach moused(8), sysmouse(4) and mice
>  drivers about second wheel. it appears to be a somewhat bigger chunk
>  of work.
>
>  thanks,
>  max

Hi Martin,

I have a patch somewhere at home that manages to do all of the above. I
had planned to re-wite part of it to not require increasing the size of an xorg
structure I changed - but it doesn't look like I will have time to do that for a
while.

At present it applies on top of the uhidev patches but it probably wouldn't
be too difficult to get it to apply without them. I have been using it
for a little
while now and its been working fine for me.

I will try and clean it up and document what needs to be re-compiled to get it
working and then post it sometime in the next few days.

Kind Regards,

Mark Hobden.