Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:10:08 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, Edwin Culp <eculp@mexcomusa.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with PCMCIA Cards

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 03:50:49PM -0700, Wes Peters wrote:

> Mmm...  Good point.  This means updating code and compiling a new kernel
> every time Joe's hardware company sticks their own name on a generic OEM
> PCI or PCCard, doesn't it?  I love this industry.

Do the above and try and figure out and track down if the marketing information
matches what actually shows up on the product, now find out if it works exactly
the same or if there is some stupid quirk that Joe's Hardware added to the
chip.... Welcome to Bill Paul's hell. :->

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect
Computer Horizons Corp - CVM