Date:      Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:18:51 +0200
From:      Marian Hettwer <MH@kernel32.de>
To:        =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MySQL Performance 6.0rc1

Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav wrote:
> Marian Hettwer <MH@kernel32.de> writes:
>=20
>>by the way, back in the days of FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x, after I did a
>>config MYKERNEL, it doesn't said I need to do a "make cleandepend"
>>before doing a "make depend"... why that? Seems like this additional
>>step in compiling the Kernel is around since 6-CURRENT, right?
>=20
>=20
> There are only two steps in compiling a FreeBSD kernel:
>=20
> # cd /usr/src
> # make buildkernel

well okay, I could do "make buildkernel KERNCONF=3DMYKERNEL; make=20
installkernel KERNCONF=3DMYKERNEL". But there was the different way of do=
ing a
cd /sys/i386/conf
vi MYKERNEL
config MYKERNEL
cd ../compile/MYKERNEL
make depend; make; make install

nowadays its make cleandepend; make depend...

To get this straight: It doesn't matter wether I use the "long" way, or=20
the way you mentioned (which I only used when doing a make world...)?

regards,
Marian