Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:00:58 +0900
From:      Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>, linimon@lonesome.com
Cc:        neuhauser@sigpipe.cz, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [SUGGEST] Reform eclipse and eclipse related ports

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:07:27 -0700
Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 21 October 2005 16:59,  the author Roman Neuhauser contributed to
> the dialogue on-
>  Re: [SUGGEST] Reform eclipse and eclipse related ports:
> ># linimon@lonesome.com / 2005-10-21 17:39:58 -0500:
> Good point
> I know my opinion might be regarded as ecentric but, as I see it, the
> community is spending far too much od its developmental resopurces on
> advancing the operating system and far too little on bringing user interfaces
> and convenience up to date.
> I see it as time to slow down on OS development and really focus on bringing
> the operating system management to a level that accords with comparable
> modern day standards.
> >> Then PLEASE SUBMIT PATCHES.  Tested ones.  Involving portsmon.  Involving
> >> the build cluster.  Involving marcusom tinderbox.  Involving FreshPorts.
> >> Involving everything in bsd.*.mk.  Involving fixing up all the
> >> dependencies after all the thousands of repocopies.
> >
> >    This is an absurd overreaction.
> Agreed -

	Hum..  The eclipse repocopy discussion became new ports system
	discussion.  Next time, please implement ports2/eclipse or
	ports/eclise.  So I'll repocopy from */eclipse-* to eclipse/, too.

	BTW as soon as possible;-), I'll send-pr my 2nd repocopy plan
	(java/eclipse -> editors/eclipse), and repocopy these.