Date:      Sun, 02 Aug 1998 20:53:48 +0300
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@turkey.ispro.net.tr>
To:        "David W. Curry" <david@magickalhome.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
Subject:   Re: I am running out of hope for hatd or any proxy at that!

well I have done the thing you are trying to do...
first I have installed squid proxy on bsd box http://squid.nlanr.net/
then i have set up a ppp script ( you do not need to do it though )
you may use the ppp -alias then dial manually...
you should use -alias command because then ppp makes the job
which natd does! you do not need to use natd exactly!
that is all...
well it worked for me