Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 1995 12:47:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        dietz@cyrix.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ft (QIC 40/80)

> It's *impossible* to fully support the things without heavy kernel
> hacking on timer code and allowing kernel preemption (or buzz-looping).

But it is possible to do it with a user filter and our current kernel?

I don't have any idea of the issues other than "the beast needs lots of
feeding", but I can't see how we can do it with the filter and wouldn't
be able to do it in a normal driver.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936