Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 96 19:10:23 -0400
From:      "Roland Jay Roberts" <jay@map.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and DASH

On Fri, 21 Jun 1996 12:36:11 -0700 (PDT), Doug White wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Jun 1996 mngroup@ritsec3.com.eg wrote:
>
>>   How can i make the FreeBSD recognize my Ditto Tape running
>> from the accelerating card "Ditto DASH accelerating card"
>> with 2Mbps, so i can install, upgrade, and use my tapes.
>
>Won't happen.  It's a floppy tape (with or without the Ditto Dash) and
>those aren't supported (except for the old QIC-40/80s).

I hope someone with some experience would improve the floppy tape support in FreeBSD, since
there are a number of us with floppy tape units.  They may not be as good as SCSI, but they
are in-expensive and generally trouble-free.

>SCSI is _SOO_ much better.

True, but some of us already have floppy tape units, and can't afford to buy a SCSI adapter
and a SCSI tape drive.

// Roland Jay Roberts  -  Team OS/2  -
// Internet: jay@map.com
// FidoNet: Roland Roberts @ 1:321/305.5