Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:22:06 -0700
From:      notme <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pw useradd and pw.conf

Emm... sorry for my ignorance and stupidity...
But can anyone please clearify "PASSWD"  under:
echo ${PASSWD} | pw useradd {options}

the following is what I tried,

echo ${PASSWD} | pw useradd newuser
-d /user/home/newuser -m -g usergroup
(the whole thing is supposed to be on 1 line)

and I got the following error:
PASSWD:  Undefined variable

An example of how to use this command would
be greatly apprciated, for I am only a beginner
in FreeBSD.

Thank you in advance, and sorry for the trouble.

Frankie