Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:47:03 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>, joeo@cracktown.com, Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Summary] Unable to boot FreeBSD-Release on IBM ThinkPad 600E

Thanks! The problem was too much RAM!
Don't see how I missed it in the archives, Sorry.

I pulled my 128 MB card and booted the floppies. It worked! I don't
have the CD available at the moment, so I can't try to actually
install the software (and I can't install over the network since I
have a Xircom card which is not supported). Maybe I'll have time to
install the full system tomorrow and rebuild the kernel with the new
MAXMEM. Sine I have 192 MB, I'm guessing that I'll need to adjust the
suggested value up a bit.

First time I've ever had a problem with too much memory!

The fast response is greatly appreciated.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)