Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:16:42 -0500
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com>
Cc:        Tim McCullagh <timbo@halenet.com.au>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing AMAVIS virus scanner

Jeremiah Gowdy wrote:

> > Has anyone successfully installed the amavis-perl port  on FreeBSD 4.2 ?
> >
> > Did it install straight from the ports directory or did you need to
> > reconfigure it to get it to work?
> >
> > I am trying to install Amavis on a fresh install of Freebsd 4.2 and I have
> > gone throught the readme's etc and checked my setttings and they all seem
> > ok.   The problem is that as soon as I send a message to the mail server
> > after killing the PID for sendmail the system repeatedly keeps opening
> > multiple perl sessions until the server runs out od swap space and
> sendmail
> > is killed off
>
> Mine did that too.  I had to drive to work and reboot :)

I installed in on 3 4.2-STABLE(15 days ago) on Thursday, in 2 states and
2 countries.  All three worked flawlessly.  I even was able to figure
out how to forward the mail to another machine behind the first.  The
current READMEs and FAQ didn't work and seemed out of date.

Jim

--
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  .