Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:48:16 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "JAIL" code headed for -current.

I'm polishing up the "JAIL" code I wrote and readying it for -current.

This code provides an optional strenthening of the chroot() jail
as we know it, and will provide safe sandboxes for most practical
uses.

The biggest impact of this is a new argument to the suser() call
all over the kernel:

	suser(NOJAIL, bla, bla);
or
	suser(0, bla, bla);

The NOJAIL option means that a jailed root fails the test.

I will add this extra arg to suser() in the first commit.

Each Jail can optionally be assigned one IP number, which they
have access to.  All connections to and from that jail will
use that IP#.

If there is interest, this code will be merged to 3.1 as well.

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!