Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:30:06 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Pedro Fernando Giffuni <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Success in a SONY VAIO PCG-F250 (Well... sort of)

Pedro Fernando Giffuni wrote:

> Something I found out yesterday is that "shutdown -p now" doesn't shut
> it down. I usually leave the power button pressed 4 seconds or more and
> that turns it off.

Try changing the flags on the apm line in the kernel configuration
file. By default (last time I checked, anyway), we restrict
ourselves to apm 1.0, which will prevent power down from working
properly.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	Rule 69: Do unto other's code as you'd have it do unto yours