Date:      Thu, 01 Oct 1998 12:47:36 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Darius Ramanauskas <dara@kada.lt>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle8 for Linux (Linux emulation)

Please send emulation-related questions to freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org

> I'm trying to run Oracle 8.0.5 beta for Linux on FBSD 2.2.7.
> Linux emulation in rc.conf is YES, linux_lib 2.4 is installed,
> binaries is branded, but then I try to start it say:
> libm.so.6 not found  :(

Oracle for Linux doesn't (yet) run on FreeBSD.  It may never run on 2.2
systems (not clear yet).  It's being actively worked on at the moment.

Meanwhile you should write to Oracle and tell them that you are trying
to run the Linux binary on FreeBSD and you're unhappy about it not
working.  Tell them that you'd be buying a FreeBSD version if it
existed.