Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:15:27 +0200
From:      "Marcel.lautenbach" <freebsd@xtsy.de>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   keyboard - how to konfigure for local settings?

hi again,

well, after my problems with my shellt and its einviroment variables a
ran into a new one.

i am using a german keyboard. so, i would like to use the german
keymap :-)

but, i think i have done s.th. wrong or missed s.th.

i have set the keyboard type in my X-configuration and in sysinstall.
even in KDE i have used the german keyboard layout. but, that won't
work with bash or emacs. i couldn't use the <> and צה keys.

so, i have read a bit and set the LC_ALL variabel to "de_DE.ISO8859-1"
now, I can use my צה and <> key but vor צה i get 2 different signs.
one is the % and the other ist the mathematical sum-sign.
in emacs on an tty none of these key works. in (X)emacs i can use צה
but not <>. so, i am rather confused here by now.

i hope s.o. can help :-)

--

mailto:freebsd@xtsy.de