Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:27:15 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        abovone@mindspring.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports

abovone@mindspring.com wrote:

> emacs-19.34btar.gz doesn't seem to exist on this system
> then it tried to ftp it from a site (I'm not connected yet so that didn't
> work)
> there's no atempt to get it from my cdrom (it is mounted  cd /cdrom)..
> What am I doing Wrong???

Do you have the right CD mounted?  Port distfiles are on CD 4 IIRC,
these are not the same thing as the packages which are spread over
CDs 1-3.  I don't think all distfiles are included though, so you
might have to download it yourself or just use the package (cd
/cdrom/packages/editors; ls emacs*; pkg_add emacs-<whichever you want>.)

--
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /