Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:19:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GBDE encrypted hard drive HOW-TO now available

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Lucky Green wrote:

> I wrote a new section for the FreeBSD Handbook with step-by-step
> instructions for adding gbde-based hard drive encryption to a system. I
> just submitted the SGML source using send-pr today.
>
> Until such time that the gbde section will be added to the Handbook by
> the Doc Team, this gbde HOW-TO will be available at
> http://www.cypherpunks.to/gbde.html
>
> Something that I didn't mentioned in the document, since in the long run
> it will become less of an issue, is that I would highly recommend
> running -CURRENT, not 5.0-RELEASE, when using gbde.

Lucky,

Thanks for this great submission.  I've gone ahead and committed it to the
handbook (will take a few hours to start popping up on web sites); the
only change I had to make was that the $FreeBSD$ tag in the sample
template lasting caused CVS to get unhappy; I've worked around it by
stuffing a <!-- --> in it to disrupt CVS's detection of the tag.  I'm not
sure what the best approach to solving that problem is -- keeping the tag
in the template will help keep the documentation in sync.  I'm sure
there's a better solution, and perhaps a doc committer can pick up that
detail for me :-).

Thanks again,

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories