Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 09:26:14 +0100
From:      Thomas Widlumdh <tw@ettnet.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp/kppp....

Hi,
I do thank those of You who contributed to get my ppp/kppp to work.
I had obviously two options, kppp and/or user ppp.
Kppp was said to be hard to config. But I thought it would be nice to get kppp
working as I had the program in Kde.
My use of all this is an common connection to the internet from this very
BSD-box (so far).
And I managed to get it to work! This mail is sent from kmail with kppp!
One odd thing though. With kppp up and running, there is no possibility to
start another program from Kde. I can start a program from the terminal, though.
So I have to have Kmail, Netscape, any terminal of need etc launched before I
start Kppp.
The possibilities to start another program from Kde return once I
close Kppp. Odd! A bug?

Free BSD 4.1
Kppp 1.6.22
Kmail 1.0.28