Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:31:32 -0700
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: port problem in AMD 64

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 07:18 pm, ann kok wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I can't install cvsup-without-gui and said it
> doesn't support amd64
>
> How can I upgrade the /usr/ports without cvsup?

First of all, you posted this question earlier today. Do not send multiple
copies of the same message to the list, certainly not within a few hours of
each other.

Secondly, cvsup will currently build on AMD64 because it was fixed for this
platform a couple months ago. You apparently have an older ports collection
than this. You then have two options: 1. install cvsup as a package rather
than a port, 2. download the tarball with the entire ports collection
(ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/ports.tar.gz), delete your
current /usr/ports, and untar this file to make a new ports directory.

-David

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please
Reinstall Universe And Reboot. +++