Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:19:16 -0400
From:      "james heck" <honda95ex@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   no user interface

I just installed 5.2.1 via download onto cdr media. I left about 10 gigs
open for freebsd, and left 9 for my win2000. the dual boot works fine on my
dell laptop, however when i go to load freebsd 5.2.1, i cant get into a
graphical interface. Instead it stays in a "dos-like" interface with
commands only. It recognizes my user name and the admin name of root, but
there is only a command line and no background. i installed cd1, i have a
boot only and a second disc which i have not installed. please point me in
the correct direction

james heck