Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2006 04:41:37 +0100
From:      VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, maanjee@gmail.com
Subject:   Password Security

Hi

I need to secure my data and server. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

I am going to place my FreeBSD server at a shared place?

I am just afraid that any unauthorized person might boot machine in single
user mode and steal the data?
How can I make my Server secure that if if boots in single user mode, it
still demands the password and without password one cannot do anything?
or make it possible that booting in Single user mode, doesn't provide any
shell?

Thanks in advance

 --

BR / vj