Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:25:43 +0200
From:      Tobias Tom <tobiastom@gmail.com>
To:        Bryan Maynard <bryan.maynard@reallm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4 ndis support

> Anyway, there is a utility in 5.4 (I think that's that's where it showed =
up)
> called "ndisgen". Running ndisgen steps you through a wonderful little sc=
ript
> that asks for for the location of your INF and SYS files, generates you .=
> file and kernel module.
I did that ... thank you very much ... it generated a rt2500_sys.ko ..
and that could be loaded by hand.

Now I have just the Problem left that it does not work when i try to
load it on boot. Is there anything I have to do except copy that file
to /boot/kernel and enter load_rt200_sys=3D"yes" to loader.conf?

> I was getting the same "No such file or directory" error until I ran ndis=
gen.
Maybe you could try kldload ./<your .ko file>. That worked here.

And after all, I saw that inside the manual is written down that only
prism chipset cards are supported to run as an access point. Is that
still correct? Or is there any change to get it run. The Interface
seems to work now. When I try to use wicontrol it tells me "wicontrol:
SIOCGWAVELAN: Device not configured". Please tell me that my card will
work, too ;o)

Thanks for your Help

Regards

Tobias