Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 1995 00:05:11 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        HyunSeog Ryu <moonhunt@easy.re.kr>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about SCCS-like utilities???

On Oct 16,  7:23, HyunSeog Ryu wrote:
} Subject: Question about SCCS-like utilities???
} Dear anyone,
}
} Please let me know what are SCCS-like utility...
} I want to perform Source Code version control... ;>

SCCS is a System V thing, and AFAIK not available for free ...

The BSD equivalent is RCS, and there is an enhanced version
for larger projects called CVS. Both are now distributed under
a GNU Copyright and come with FreeBSD.

These are the tools used to make some 50 people integrate their
code into the FreeBSD source tree, without stepping on each
others toes to often :)

Reading the man pages of "rcs" and "cvs" should get you going.

There are "troff" sources of a RCS users manual in

	/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/rcs/doc/rcs.ms

and "texinfo" sources of a CVS manual in

	/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cvs/doc/cvs.texinfo

Regards, STefan

--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160