Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:40:13 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Status of newcard.

> The tracking number for my sony VAIO is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.  It's on its
> way back to Fremont since it worked only for about 20 hours before
> dying in exactly the same way as before (I plugged it in at 9pm and
> was on the phone to Sony by 5pm the next day).  I have stuff to do
> before I need the vaio for testing again, so I'll be doing it as best
> I can.  I'm becoming less enthralled with the vaio all the time.

I'm sure Jordan has left some money in his backpocket to get you going
again with a bit of hardware if that is all it takes.

Myself I have a ISA-PCMCIA plug in card, so I guess there should be
PCI-PCCARD ones as well.  Anyone any pointers on these things?

This situation is becoming silly with your laptop. Fat chance the thing
will be broken forever.  I hope you were quick enough to pull a backup
when it came back... :)

Cheers,

Nick