Date:      Sun, 09 Jul 2000 17:01:33 -0400
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@freebsd.org>
To:        Ross A Lippert <ripper@plato.nmia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: capsloc trouble

Ross A Lippert wrote:

> On a thinkpad 600X running 4.0 I occassionally hve this problem
> where it gets into this caps-lock type state where (although the
> capslock isn't pressed) nothing but caps come out when I type.
> Pressing shift/capslock restores lowercase but the numbers are still
> shifted.
>
> I tend to bang on random control keys until correct functioning returns.
> Has anyone else run into this?  What is the way to restore normal
> keyboard function?

Yes, I have had this problem on -CURRENT systems, -STABLE systems and
stock 4.x systems.  I have not been able to isolate when it happends,
but if I'm in X, I just shift to another console, and then shift back
into X.  This usually cures it.

If someone knows what is causing this, that would be great to have!

--
Patrick