Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:51:31 +0200
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>
Subject:   Re: ACPI Suspend -> /dev/ums0 dead

El Martes, 12 de Octubre de 2004 12:35, Jochen Gensch escribi=F3:
> ANISH MISTRY wrote:
> > Well for the psm0 mouse you need to set some flags in your
> > device.hints, I'm not at my laptop right now, but searching the
> > mailling list should turn up an answer. As for the USB mouse you
> > want to check if the USB is still working after resume. If it is
> > then you'll probably just need to restart the moused in your resume
> > scripts.
>
> I'm a bit confused due to the devices. On what device is that
> trackpoint running and which one is used for an usb mouse. The Usb
> mouse works fine after resuming. I tried to restart moused as I
> thouhgt it is responsible for the track point, but that didn't work.
> But it works within sysinstall, but only as long as I stay in
> sysinstall. As soon, as I exit it, the trackpoint is dead again...
>
> Jochen

There isn't mouse 'mux' support in FreeBSD's moused.  You can use only=20
one.

If you feel better with usb mouse, get in /etc/rc.conf:
=2Dmoused_enable=3D"YES"
+usbd_enable=3D"YES"

You can add the 'other' mouse as an aditional pointer to X, but not use=20
both with moused.

NOTE:  the trackpad/PS2_mouse 'mux' feature is BIOS based, not FreeBSD.

=2D-
  josemi=20