Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:33:47 -0600 (MDT)
From:      gnat@frii.com
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dying -STABLE machine

I've got a 2.2-STABLE machine that keeps rebooting.  It's our user
machine, under a moderate but not heavy load.  We see it rebooting
every 6-12 hours.  I see the message "page fault while in kernel
mode".

This machine is an NFS client, and runs sendmail (no httpd or ftpd).
I've seen a lot of sendmail processes dying of signal 5 too, for what
it's worth.  Other machines kernels were built from the same code (but
not config file) as the dying machine, and they are not dying.

I want to track this problem down.  What should I do?  I've freed up a
disk to use as a dumpdev, but don't know where to go from here.

Thanks,

Nat