Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:38:18 -0000
From:      Matthew Williams <matthew@sees.bangor.ac.uk>
Subject:   ZIP drive and the CDROM

Hi,

I have just added a zip drive to two machines in work. Both zip drives are slaves on the second IDE channel, the master being a CDROM. Under Windows 95 both work fine.

However, under FreeBSD 2.2.6, I can no longer mount the CDROM - the machine just hangs and requires a hard reset to get it going again after I issue the mount command. Is there something in the kernel configuration file that needs modifying to get it to work??

I am able to mount the zip drive using the wfd driver and it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated,

Matthew.

Matthew Williams M.Eng
Control and Instrumentation Group
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Systems
University of Wales, Bangor
Work Email:  matthew@sees.bangor.ac.uk
Home Email: matthew@redlawn.freeserve.co.uk
WWW:          http://www.sees.bangor.ac.uk/~matthew