Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:35:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        dcs@newsguy.com (Daniel C. Sobral)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, jar@integratus.com (Jack Rusher), tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), sam@errno.com (Sam Leffler), zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu (Zhiui Zhang), freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Design a journalled file system

PS:

> Anyway, any serious user of FreeBSD recompiles the kernel to fine tune
> it. It is not a significant restriction.

Yet we don't see the serious FS hackers leaping at doing a
port of the code, when their work will end up released under
the GPL, and not able to be shipped linked into a FreeBSD
kernel shipped on a CDROM, or sold on an Internet appliance,
set top box, embedded system, etc., due to license conflict.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.