Date:      15 Aug 1998 23:20:24 +0200
From:      Andreas Dobloug <andreasd@ifi.uio.no>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Andreas Dobloug <andreasd@ifi.uio.no>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: video mode switching is only partially supported

* Mike Smith
| > | You've booted in a nonstandard video mode.  There may be a BIOS option
| > I've got an Asus P2B-DS. Has anybody else on this list got this card
| > and know which option (if any) which fixes this?
| Which BIOS?  Probably AWARD, in which case it'll be in the "BIOS
| Feature Setup" screen.   If you can't find it, it's either not there or
| you shouldn't be using a PC.  8)

Yes, it's an AWARD-bios. Believe me: I've tried all tried all the
options regarding the display-card before I posted here :-). The only
thing I cand find in the "BIOS Feature Setup" which has anything to do
with the video-card is 'Video ROM BIOS Shadow' (yep, I've tried
switching it off) and 'PCI/VGA Palette Snoop' which doesn't agree with
my monitor. The 'Standard CMOS Setup' screen has got a field called
'Video', but the field always comes up with 'EGA/VGA' after saving the
settings to the bios. Guess I have to choose between running X or a
console :-).

--
Andreas Dobloug : email: andreasd@ifi.uio.no