Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2018 21:39:20 +0900
From:      Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A small procedural request

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:22:08 +0800
Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 21/2/18 7:14 pm, Tomoaki AOKI wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > +1. But have one suggestion for format.
> > Something like
> >
> >   Broken by: rXXXXXXX
> >   Broken by: Unknown (Bugfix but the revision introduced it is unknown)
> >
> > and optionally
> >
> >   Broken by: No (To emphasize it's NOT a bugfix.)
>
> I think that is probably too much, but the〓〓〓〓〓〓〓 Broken by:〓 would be
> good.

Maybe not all committers would add this info.
But examples should be useful for who wants to write. ;-)

> > would be better for scripts already handling "MFC after: " or
> >
> > If put on the top with "MFC rXXXXXX: Comments", it can be
> >
> >   FIX rXXXXXX: Comments
>
> possibly..
> that Would allow some sort of collection of the data to〓 suggest good
> places to
> retrospectively base your head following (but not too closely) branches.
> but may be more work that people are willing to do..

I guess so, too. It's useful, but not a creative work.
I think less is better than nothing.

> For myself, just a hint of where the bug was introduced would help a lot.
> further more if you have a branch/product based at some point in time,
> this would help
> you to know when a patch needs to be cherry picked back to your code.

Yes. I 100% agree.
BTW, "X-MFC-With: " is sometimes used for the same purpose, but not
always. (Used for bugfixes for new feature, and related new features.)