Date:      Fri, 4 May 2018 11:05:16 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Manuel_St=c3=bchn?= <freebsdnewbie@freenet.de>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regression Resume Lenovo T450

On 05/03/2018 23:07, Manuel Stühn wrote:

> Since some time now CURRENT runs very smoothly on my Lenovo T450 in
> conjunction with drm-stable-kmod installed. WLAN, Suspense&Resume
> worked out of the box (at least ... until now). Due to pkg(8)
> complaining about wrong ABI of packages, I've made an update from
> r332385 (1200061) to r333091 (1200062), and now the T450 does not
> resume anymore; i have to hold the power button for some time to power
> it down. The ZFS-Boot-Environment I've made beforehand updating is
> still capable of resuming.
>
> I tried to find out which commit broke the resume for me by installing
> older kernels, but even installing r332385 kernel (into the actual
> r333091 userland) does not restore its capability to resume.
>
> Any ideas or hints? Which information can i provide to help
> investigating this matter?

have you tried suspend/resume without having the drm-next kmod loaded?
I have run into a couple instances of that breaking due to drm-next.

if it does work w/o drm-next then it might be worth rebuilding the pkg
locally (via "cd /usr/ports/graphics/drm-next-kmod && make package" for
example) and see if that fixes it.

there is also a sysctl knob i've set in the past to help in this area,
i'll dig through my notes and see if i can find it...

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete@nomadlogic.org