Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 1999 13:04:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        ifulop@interware.hu (Istvan A. Fulop)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Non-listed scsi compatibility

Istvan A. Fulop wrote,
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if anyone of you have tried any of the following scsi
> controllers (none of them are listed in the supported hardware list of
> the freebsd handbook pdf file):
>
> - Inition 940 PCI SCSI-U
> - Adaptec AVA1505 SCSI

Although I can't say for sure what this means, if you go to Adaptec's
website and look for info onthis card, they send you to the 152x
FAQ. The 152x are NOT currently supported in FreeBSD.

> - Adaptec AHA2902 PCI SCSI

This one,

http://www.adaptec.com/support/faqs/ava2902efaq.html

I can see why it is cheap. No EEPROM, no BIOS, you can't boot from
devices on it. Only an external connector.