Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 19:53:41 +0800
From:      Calvin NG <calvinng@brel.com>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/Java in Production Environments

Greetings,

  Been using the native JDK 1.2 (beta 10) for almost a year now.
  Servlets and JSP, tomcat, over the internet.  No EJBs yet.

  Only encounter problem with mod_jk ajp13 protocol, but thats a
  separate issue.

  Also, I think its AWT/Swing issue as mentioned by another poster,
  Oracles' java installation can't run.

Regards,
/calvin

lines with :> are quotes from Koster, K.J.'s email
:> Dear All,
:>
:> I see the recent slowdown in Java porting efforts as a signal that there are
:> no really horrible bugs left to squash (barring Swing/AWT stuff).
:>
:> I am interested in your experiences with FreeBSD/Java in production
:> environments. Is anyone using FreeBSD/Java for a production webserver to run
:> for example JSP or EJB containers?
:>
:> I am particulary interested in information about reliablity and
:> predictability. We are looking to build a stable environment with relatively
:> low volume traffic. Stability is favoured over performance (i.e. lack of
:> HotSpot support is not a problem).
:>
:>     Kees Jan
:>