Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:18:31 +0300
From:      Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>
To:        Antoine Solomon <asolomon15@nyc.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, kde@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] can't compile kde3.1.2

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 05:48, Antoine Solomon wrote:
> I am having problems building and installing kde3.1.2 from the ports
> collection Here is the error that I get
>
> checking for libXext... no
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>       Please report the problem to kde@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
> attach the "/usr/ports/x11/kdelibs3/work/kdelibs-3.1.2/config.log"
> including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
> might be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed
> on your system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs3.

Okay, as Kris pointed out, there's not enough info to go on here...

However, remove the existing arts package, as it's very outdated, and
could potentially cause a build problem.

Do that, try another kdelibs build, and if you still run into the same
problem please follow the instructions that the build system gives you.

A.

--
Andy Fawcett                                     | andy@athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap@lspace.org