Date:      Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:34:26 -0700
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>, Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz>
Subject:   Re: [SUGGEST] Reform eclipse and eclipse related ports

On Friday 21 October 2005 17:07, Vizion wrote:
> On Friday 21 October 2005 16:59,  the author Roman Neuhauser contributed to
> the dialogue on-
>
>  Re: [SUGGEST] Reform eclipse and eclipse related ports:
> ># linimon@lonesome.com / 2005-10-21 17:39:58 -0500:
>
> Good point
>
> I know my opinion might be regarded as ecentric but, as I see it, the
> community is spending far too much od its developmental resopurces on
> advancing the operating system and far too little on bringing user
> interfaces and convenience up to date.
>
> I see it as time to slow down on OS development and really focus on
> bringing the operating system management to a level that accords with
> comparable modern day standards.

I completely agree with slowing down on OS developement , it seems pointless
to race for higher version numbers while problems remain with previous
versions.  As far as the ports system goes though, to date FreeBSD is way
ahead of every other OS I've looked at IMO, of corse that is a poor excuse to
stagnate.

-Mike