Date:      Fri, 04 Jul 1997 16:07:14 -0700
From:      Lawrence Shing <shing@laserblades.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   libz.so.2.0

Hello there,

I was attempting to upgrade to Xfree3.3  Just at the end of the install
(ie. the postinst.sh), there was a complaint about not being able to
find libz.so.2.0.  I looked around on the BSD2.2 snapshot CD that I
have, and discovered that libz stuff is in the 'devel' section.

However, when I tried to search for libz stuff at freebsd.org, I cannot
manage to locate any packages listed as such.  Has the name for the
package containing libz changed?  I cannot even find it in the BSD2.2
area.  It shows up quite plainly on the CDrom as packages:

Libz_1.0
Libz_1.000

I needed to go to Xfree3.3 in order to install a new graphics card.

thanks in advance,

Lawrence Shing