Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:12:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Nick Sayer" <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
Cc:        <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: recommendation not to purchase DWL-1000AP

John Reynolds said:

> Hello mobile,
>
> Just to add my $0.02 to the fray, I'll volunteer some information that
> people (including myself) ask for from time to time on this list--what
> wireless "stuff" to buy.

For what it's worth, I found the Linksys AP I bought not too long ago (on
eBay no less) has been pretty nice. It looks like a space alien, but it was
relatively easy to work with. I could have used SNMP to talk to it, but I
cheated and used the windows-only USB method (it just was handier). Also,
this is the one that folks say you can hot-wire to run at 100 mW (although
there have been reports that doing so just makes it transmit lots of noise).