Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:28:06 +0100
From:      Willem van Engen <wvengen@stack.nl>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, scott.michell@mail.com
Subject:   Re: Xircom CE3-10/100 (xe(4)) cannot receive multicast frames

--=.za'ia0tgAzRd,3

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:22:51 +0100
"Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 12:36:19AM +0000, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> > Something is seriously broken in the xe(4) driver.  I don't think multicast
> > receive has ever worked properly -- if you grovel around in the if_xe.c
> > code you'll find some stuff to set up the multicast address filters that is
> > never actually used :-(  It's been on my list of things to fix for ages,
> > but no-one complained until now.
>
> Uh, oh! So I am the first one trying to use IPv6 with a xe. IPv6 _needs_
> full multicast support to work.
I'm (and some others I know are) also using IPv6 with an xe-pccard, so you're
not alone :)
Using rtsol when the interface is in promiscuous mode works, but I usually set
the IPv6 address using ifconfig in dhclient-exit-hooks so I don't need to go
into the promiscuous mode.

- Willem van Engen
--=.za'ia0tgAzRd,3

--=.za'ia0tgAzRd,3--