Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:21:27 +0100
From:      Alex Kiesel <alex.kiesel@document-root.de>
To:        James Earl <mtntrip@telus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port with php extension

On Feb 05, 2003, James Earl wrote:
> I'm working on creating a port for an application that has a commandline app., as well as a php extension.  I'm looking for some suggestions as to how the best way to handle this would be?
>
> The problem being that it would require someone to rebuild their php port.
>
> Are there any ports that are similar to this?  The only one I can think of is mod_php, but with mod_php, you don't need to rebuild Apache.

Take a look at the (not yet committet) php-gtk port (pr ports/46201, and
follow-up ports/43711). PHP-GTK is an extension for php, which can be
compiled and installed in PHP's extensions_dir. Users do not need to
recompile their whole PHP.

HTH,
Alex

--
Alex Kiesel                                     PGP Key: 0x09F4FA11