Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2006 23:33:39 -0500
From:      Parv <parv@pair.com>
To:        Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Marwan Sultan <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: wireless 3945 status?

in message <4586952D.9050904@unsane.co.uk>,
wrote Vince thusly...

> Marwan Sultan wrote:
> >
> > What about 3945ABG
> >
> > any news or updates for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG ?
> > I my self, tried many drivers and many packegs, but nothing
> > works in fact.
> > including
> > http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/
> Last I heard the only driver for the 3945ABG is the unsupported
> one by Damien Bergamini. however this post
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-drivers/2006-December.txt
> gives me hope :) Look for the link for wpi-freebsd.tgz, that
> should be a driver that works to some extent.

I had partial success with the wpi driver on Toshiba Satellite
A105-40??.  I need to systematically write the steps & the output &
post about the problems to the -mobile@ list.

In short, before I recompiled the kernel (6.2-PRERELEASE) with kdb,
& more importantly with WITNESS & INVARIANTS support, after loading
the driver, system used to go in panic on shutdown or reboot.  There
definitely was a working connection during my unstructured testing.

Will post again w/ more details.

  - Parv