Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 08:53:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alex Boisvert <alex@teel.info-noire.com>
To:        Niall Smart <njs3@doc.ic.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Distributed systems/processing using FreeBSD

> I was wondering if anyone had any pointers to information or comments
> on using FreeBSD as the base operating system on which to build some
> infrastructure useful in distributed systems/processing.

I don't have FreeBSD-specific pointers but you might have a look at the
Coda Project.  It's a distributed filesystem (caching and all) based on
AFS (Andrew File System).  They have developped many interesting
distributed computing modules:  enhanced RPC, shared memory, ...

Search the web for:  +coda +filesystem +distributed

Alex.

---
FreeBSD:  Decouvrez la puissance de votre PC!  www.freebsd.org