Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:51:42 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mike.jakubik@intertainservices.com>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org Ports" <ports@freebsd.org>, vbox@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: emulators/virtualbox-ose

Am 11.12.2013 21:42 schrieb "Mike Jakubik" <
mike.jakubik@intertainservices.com>:

> On 12/11/13 15:32, Bernhard Fr=F6hlich wrote:
>>
>> I can only repeat myself. It will not happen any day soon because clang
>> does not support global register variables and they do not seem to have
any
>> interest to implement that.
>

> Got it.
>
>> Could you please send me the following output just to verify:
>> strings /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX
>>
>> $ strings /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCX
>

> GLIBCXX_3.4
> GLIBCXX_3.4.1
> GLIBCXX_3.4.2
> GLIBCXX_3.4.3
> GLIBCXX_3.4.4
> GLIBCXX_3.4.5
> GLIBCXX_3.4.6
> GLIBCXX_3.4.7
> GLIBCXX_3.4.8
> GLIBCXX_3.4.9
> GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW
>
> make delete-old and delete-old-libs does not remove anything from my
system at this point, i am going to try compile again but with gcc47 this
time.

> Thanks!

That definitely is the libstdc++ from our ancient gcc 4.2 in base. Could
you try to temporary rename the so and try to start vbix again? Don't
forget to rename it afterwards if there are any binaries that still need it=
.