Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:33:41 +0000
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, kaltorak@quake.com.au
Subject:   Re: PS/2 Keyboard not working /w freebsd

> They all have these Diamond Touch keyboards, and upon loading
> a kernel the keyboard doesnt work.. I cant actualy install on
> these systems using the keyboards!! The kernel config screen
> doesnt come up ether, it just jumps to sysinstall with a dead
> keyboard...

I had exactly this problem too - except with Acer keyboards (and I
have seen it reported here with other Acer keyboards as well). You
can set the keyboard flags to make it work if you can get it istalled, but
you need another keybaord to do the install. This broke when 3.x became 4.x
as far as I remember.

-pcf.