Date:      Sun, 6 Jul 1997 22:37:05 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Wes Santee <wes@bogon.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is there a thread-happy recv()?

Wes Santee scribbled this message on Jul 6:
> Hi all.  I noticed in a chunk of code I'm writing that a blocking call
> to recv() is putting the entire process to sleep such that even the

don't use recv, use read instead...  the reason recv isn't wrapped is
that wrapping it is pointless, and may be removed in the future (from
man page)

this should fix the problem...  ttyl...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD