Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:07:50 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Merging fdescfs.

   There is at least one longstanding bug in the -STABLE
implementation of fdescfs at this point, and since the -CURRENT
code has been around for quite some time now, has had adequate
testing time, and is generally cleaner than the original code,
I'm all for merging the entire thing into -STABLE now that
4.4-RELEASE has past.  I'm not entirely sure, however, if POLA is
a real problem in this case since so obviously few people use it,
and I'd like your feedback as to whether it is or isn't.

Thanks,