Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:06:20 +0900
From:      Takanori Watanabe <takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        nsouch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mrtg,FreeBSD, asus p2b temperature

In message <199909270629.IAA24988@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>, Oliver Fromme
 wrote:

> > Someone has a method of monitoring temperatures via a probe at a
> > reasonable cost and inputting it to the computer but I don't remember
> > where I saw it.
>
>Not necessary.  The mainboards of the ASUS P2B series have
>everything onboard that you need.  We have it working with
>the intpm0 driver and a tool called "lm" that I donwloaded
>from somewhere in Japan (forgot the URL, sorry).

Call me?;-)
If you mention lm.c, it is available from
http://www.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp/~takawata/smbus/examples/
.
>However, the problem is, it only works with 3.0-current from
>around January.  It doesn't work with any recent -stable or
>-current.  I suspected it was because of newbus, so I tried
>to port it, but without success.  :-(

It *does* work on recent CURRENT.You need not to patch for CURRENT kernel,just
config(8) with
controller intpm0
controller smbus0
device smb0
.
But will not work on STABLE or RELEASE because intpm(4) is not merged.
I port it to 3.2-STABLE , and I send it for Nicolas,the GURU of IICBus/SMbus.
There is another tool to monitor Templature as an applet for Window Maker.
(sysutils/wmhm/)

Takanori Watanabe
Public Key</a>
Key fingerprint =  2C 51 E2 78 2C E1 C5 2D  0F F1 20 A3 11 3A 62 2A